Announcements - May 2016
- The Southern BBQ Buffet was a success, keep your eyes out for different Friday Night Buffets in the coming weeks!
- The Regular Season hours are on from now until May. We're open Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. We will be closed for the entire month of January.
- The Songbirds are playing November 17th.
- Jazz Night with our spectacular Baron of Beef Buffet is every Friday night, all season long.
- The Pub has a 60" TV and satellite coverage! Come join us for sports and other television events this season.
- We have Cumberland Brewing Company Beer on tap: Forest Fog and Red Tape.
- The dock is away for the winter, see you in the spring, boaters!
Hornby Island Resort is located on the waterfront right next to the ferry landing. A smaller resort - rural in nature and rustic in heart. Facilities include a neighbourhood pub, licensed family restaurant and a small mix of accommodation.
As the only watering hole on Hornby, the Thatch Pub and Restaurant offers full service, licensed dining at the water's edge. You can find everything from home-made soups and salads to lunch and dinner specials, great burgers, and fish & chips (of course there is much more) . There's no better place to enjoy great food and great staff, all with a gorgeous waterfront view from a deck cantilevered over the bay. With the close proximity to the ferry terminal, you can also get take-out service for those in a hurry.
There is a private dock out front if you require moorage - for day use only. Come by, tie up for a couple of hours and enjoy a wonderful lunch or dinner in our newly renovated building.
There are also two hotel rooms on the 2nd floor of the main building, over-looking the ocean. Each has a private entrance, private bathroom, queen bed, coffee maker and cable TV.
Check out the special events board for upcoming entertainment. Every Friday night for the past 20+ years, you can catch local Jazz musicians playing in the Pub from 7-10p. There is also a spectacular Baron of Beef buffet to go along with the music. Come early to get a good seat.
There are many other special events, such as B.C. Day, with festivities throughout the afternoon such as the build-bail-and-sail, a dog show and tug of war. The evening culminates in a massive fireworks show. Come down and spend the whole day.
Call to make a reservation, and we'll see you soon!